Rider Alert - Route 16 VIEW ALL ALERTS
Service Improvement Plan
Use the below links to locate your new stop/route:
The Service Improvement Plan (SIP) is a service expansion plan that builds on the exisitng bus network and identifies opportunities to add new routes, improve frequency and expand on existing service. This vision is a priority of CATS to continue to connect its customers to what matters and reallocate resources when and where necessary throughout the system.
CATS plans to restructure routes to provide more direct service, improve travel time, offer more convenient access to and from bus stops and reduce the need for customers to transfer as frequently (or at all).
The final analysis indicated that the proposed SIP would result in an 18.9% increase in transit accessibility for residents. Minority populations would see a 21.55% increase and low-income populations would see a 20.07% increase in accessibility overall.
The proposed SIP will help to accomplish the following:
- Increase service hours
- Increase service frequency
- Improve travel time
- Improve On Time Performance (OTP)
- Initiate Electric Bus Rapid Transit Service (BRT)
- Extend service to new areas
- Establish new crosstown service
- Add later evening service
- Add earlier morning service
Overall, over 85% of routes will have peak headways improved to 30 minutes or better.
Public Meeting dates will were held the week of August 14, 2018 and were open to the public to ask questions and make comments about the proposed Service Improvement Plan:
- Tuesday, August 14th – 5:30-7:30pm, BREC Commission Room (where board meetings are held)
- Wednesday, August 15th – 5:30-7:30pm, DDD Office, 247 Florida Street
- Thursday, August 16th – 5:30-7:30pm, Charles Kelly Community Center, 3535 Riley Street
- Tuesday, September 11th - 5:30 - 7:30pm, Jewel J. Newman Community Center, 2013 Central Rd
Our public meetings transmitted in ASL can be viewed here: https://www.facebook.com/CATSBR/videos/394491364412590/