Rider Alert: 55 East Florida VIEW ALL ALERTS
Service Improvement Plan
The Service Improvement Plan (SIP) is a service expansion plan that builds on the exisitng bus network and identifies opportunities to add new routes, improve frequency and expand on existing service. This vision is a priority of CATS to continue to connect its customers to what matters and reallocate resources when and where necessary throughout the system.
CATS plans to restructure routes to provide more direct service, improve travel time, offer more convenient access to and from bus stops and reduce the need for customers to transfer as frequently (or at all).
The final analysis indicated that the proposed SIP would result in an 18.9% increase in transit accessibility for residents. Minority populations would see a 21.55% increase and low-income populations would see a 20.07% increase in accessibility overall.
The proposed Service Improvement Plan (SIP) will occur in two (2) phases spanning 24 months. Phase 1 will begin in 2019 and will take effect in months 1 - 12. Phase 2 will begin in 2020 and will take effect in months 12 - 24 of the proposed timeframe.
The proposed SIP will help to accomplish the following:
- Increase service hours
- Increase service frequency
- Improve travel time
- Improve On Time Performance (OTP)
- Initiate Electric Bus Rapid Transit Service (BRT)
- Extend service to new areas
- Establish new crosstown service
- Add later evening service
- Add earlier morning service
Overall, over 85% of routes will have peak headways improved to 30 minutes or better.
Stakeholders can review an overview of SIP changes:
If you would prefer to view how this change impacts your route specifically, each route effected by the SIP is broken out below:
If customers are interested in the current vs. proposed route maps:
Public Meeting dates will be held the week of August 14, 2018 and are open to the public to ask questions and make comments about the proposed Service Improvement Plan. Meeting dates are as follows:
- Tuesday, August 14th – 5:30-7:30pm, BREC Commission Room (where board meetings are held)
- Wednesday, August 15th – 5:30-7:30pm, DDD Office, 247 Florida Street
- Thursday, August 16th – 5:30-7:30pm, Charles Kelly Community Center, 3535 Riley Street
- Tuesday, September 11th - 5:30 - 7:30pm, Jewel J. Newman Community Center, 2013 Central Rd
Our public meetings transmitted in ASL can be viewed here: https://www.facebook.com/CATSBR/videos/394491364412590/
Do you have more questions regarding the SIP but cannot attend the public meetings? Send us an email and we'll be glad to answer your questions.