Who We Are
Capital Area Transit System (CATS) is the regional transit authority of the Baton Rouge metropolitan region. CATS provides quality mass transit services in East Baton Rouge Parish for a population of 430,317 and within a service area of 296 square miles in the capital region. CATS provides fixed route service, paratransit service for disabled passengers, contractual service to Southern University and seasonal service for special events. CATS operates 30 fixed routes and paratransit services with 90 transit buses and vans. CATS operates the main terminal at 2250 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge.
Vision & Mission
Our vision is to be the primary provider of high-quality mass transit in the Baton Rouge area
Our mission is to stimulate and solidify the Baton Rouge Parish area economy by linking people, jobs and communities.
- To deliver quality/customer oriented service
- To operate with a private industry approach to business
- To be efficient and
- To be accountable
- To establish public / private partnerships
- To establish a greater interface as a part of the parish infrastructure
- To be the premier employer in the region
- To deliver 80% or greater on-time performance
- To develop a competent and capable workforce
Learn more about our committment to quality service on our Performance Indicators page.